Louisville is sports-savvy. After 140 Kentucky Derbys, embracing events is part of our culture. We have quality facilities, abundant hotels, and we’re only one-day’s drive from 60 percent of the U.S. population. Louisville is affordable, family-friendly, drivable, walkable, and has great restaurants, clubs and attractions. We work hard at ensuring your event is a success.
Bring your sporting event to Louisville, we’ll help you celebrate success. We do it on a regular basis. We have the infrastructure, experience, expertise and can-do attitude to help you achieve your goals. With the Kentucky Derby being the oldest, continuously run sporting event in America – begun in 1875 – we’ve been in the sports event business longer than any city in the U.S. And hosting sporting events is what Louisville does best. We have a passion and controlled urgency that fuels success for our events.
We are just as committed to providing an outstanding experience for national governing bodies of sport and event rights holders, fans, media and attendees. Let us show you how choosing Louisville as your host site is the first step in assuring a successful event.
Paul Hornung Award Banquet
The Paul Hornung Award, presented by Texas Roadhouse, is given annually to the most versatile player in major college football by the Louisville Sports Commission and Paul Hornung. The winner and his family will be honored at the Paul Hornung Award Banquet presented by KentuckyOne Health on January 27, 2015, at the Galt House Hotel in downtown Louisville.
- Washington’s Shaq Thompson named 2014 Paul Hornung Award Winner
- UofL’s DeVante Parker Wins 2014 Schnellenberger Award
- Bellarmine University and the Louisville Sports Commission to Host NCAA Division II National Championships Fall Festival in Louisville
- Five High-Powered Playmakers Named Paul Hornung Award Finalists
- Howard Schnellenberger Named to Paul Hornung Award Selection Committee